As internationally mobile researchers you might sometimes wonder what will happen once you retire. Especially the financial aspect of retirement is important and even if you’re decades away of retiring, you should inform yourself now about the possibilities.
On Thursday, 6 April, from 4 – 7 p.m. you can find out what kinds of benefits you can get out of the pension system in Germany.
There are three pillars of the pension system: state pension, occupational pension and private pension. At our information event experts from FindYourPension will be explaining these pillars and answering questions like the following:
- Do I qualify for a pension in Germany?
- What pension benefits can I expect?
- Will I still be entitled to collect a pension from Germany once I leave the country?
- What is VBL? Where’s the difference between VBL classic and VBL extra?
- If I do not qualify for a pension, how can I have my contributions reimbursed?
- What do I need to do in order to collect my pension on retirement?
There’s also time for you to ask your own questions.
The facts in short:
When: Thursday 6 April, 4 p.m.-7p.m.
Where: IFW lecture hall, Helmholtzstraße 20, 01069 Dresden