Do you know researchers who are not able to do their research due to political prosecution or political unsecurity in their home countries? There is a chance to bringt them to the TUD for a two-year fully funded research stay. Last year the TUD applied for a researcher and received the fellowship fortunately. We will be glad to welcome him and his family very soon on campus. Just a few days ago another application round was announced and we ask you to spread this information.
Who is eligible for a Philipp Schwartz fellowship?
Threatened researchers from any academic field and any country of origin who
- have completed their doctorate or a comparable academic degree (PhD, CSc or equivalent)
- have not been resident outside their own country for more than three years; researchers who hold German university entrance qualifications (“Bildungsinländer”) are not eligible
- possess the language skills required to successfully conduct their research projects
- possess academic qualifications (e.g. publications)
- possess potential to be integrated into the (research-related) job market
- who have not yet been funded in the context of the Philipp Schwartz Initiative
- persons that have access to residence in safe countries due to multiple citizenship and German citizens are not eligible for nomination
- multiple nominations of one person by several institutions are not permitted
If you know any potential candidate and have an option to host him or her in your institute, please get in touch with the TUD Welcome Center. They are responsable for the application process management for eligible candidates for a research stay at TU Dresden. Candidates who shall be hosted in other research institutions in Dresden will be helped by the international offices or the research staff. Since 2016 the TUD is a member of the German Section of the Scholars at Risk Network.
The application deadline is 21 April, as this process takes a while please get in touch as soon as possible.
More information about the Philipp Schwartz Initiative: www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/philipp-schwartz-initiative-en.html
Claudia Reichert (Head of TUD Welcome Center)
+49 351 463 42660