Relcoation allowance for (PhD-)students of TU Dresden

Of course there are a thousand good reasons to start a PhD in Dresden. Those PhD students who are also enrolled at the TU Dresden and who moved to Dresden for the first time between last year and today.
So if you moved to Dresden for the first time between 01 January – 31 December from another city or abroad, you can apply for a relocation allowance in the following year. The relocation allowance is 150 EUR (as of 2019).

The allowance must be applied for personally at the Studentenwerk by 29 March 2019. It is not possible to apply by post or representation.

What documents you need to bring:

  • Passport
  • First registration confirmation in Dresden and if available also subsequent registration confirmations from 2018, if you moved in the same year
  • Student card or matriculation certificate for the winter semester 2018/2019

The application form with helpful comments can be found here: Application form “Umzugsbeihilfe/Relocation allowance”
Please note that you need a German bank account. Relocation allowance will not be transfered to accounts abroad.

You must submit your application to the Studentenwerk Dresden, Fritz-Löffer-Straße 18, 01069 Dresden in person! The opening hours are
Monday and Wednesday: 9 – 12 am
Tuesday: 9 – 12 am and 13 – 15 pm
Thursday: 9 – 12 am and 13 – 17 pm

If you have any questions, please visit the DRESDEN-concept Welcome Center at TU Dresden in Nürnberger Straße 31A during opening hours or send an e-mail to


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *