We define short-term accommodation as for a period of longer than 3 months and up to 12 months.
It is suitable for those coming to Dresden
- for a short-term stay of up to 12 months in total or
- in need of an initial base (1-3 months) to search for suitable unshared or shared long-term accommodation after arrival for a long-term stay of at least 12 months in total or
- for a short or long-term stay divided into periods with different housing needs (e.g. with and without family or with intervals of field work abroad).
Aspects to consider
Short-term accommodation is by far not as common as long-term accommodation. In contrast to most long-term accommodation it comes:
- sometimes with electricity and/or internet access included as part of the rent
- in high demand but scarcely available (especially at peak times and in close proximity to campus)
- hence usually at a significantly higher price than a regular unfurnished apartment (regular apartments are not available for stays <= 12 months)
- with shorter notice periods of only 1 or 2 months.
A good knowledge of the local rental market and its players is required to get decent value for money. Should you wish to request our assistance in the search for short-term accommodation, contact us via your host institute by having them send the mandate for resarchers to us.
Please make sure to read the FAQ (see below) and the general information in our Welcome Guide before you contact us, and kindly check if you are in the target group described above. If not, please read our information for short trips (≤ 3 months) to Dresden or about long-term accommodation.